We are so glad you are here! Missy and I have been talking about hosting a Quilt Along for a while, and we think that this is the PERFECT quilt for our very first QAL.
So, what can you expect? All communication for the quilt along will be through email. Each week you will receive an email that includes:
- Fabric requirements (this will go out in the welcome email so you can be ready when we start)
- The blocks or steps we are working on that week
- Links to any videos associated with the blocks
- Tips and techniques that will make your job easier
- Instructions on how to make sure you are entered for any PRIZES! (cause you can’t have a good quilt along without prizes, right?)
The quilt along will take place over 7 weeks, finishing up just before the holidays and everything getting really crazy. After you are through the cutting instructions, the blocks go together fairly quickly. For completing the blocks, you have two options:
- Sew just the vegetable blocks and save all block assembly until the last week, or
- Sew the vegetables and assemble them into their groupings so during the last week you are sewing just big blocks together
We will have instructions for each method in the weekly emails, so you’ll know exactly what is expected for each week.
The most important thing is to have fun! This is going to be a fairly laid back quilt along with super easy requirements to qualify for the prizes we are offering. We are definitely going for low stress.
Sign up below to get the weekly emails so you don’t miss any of the excitement. If you are joining late, don’t worry! You are still eligible to win prizes, even if you are working behind. If you can catch up, great, but it’s not necessary!
If you have any questions in the meantime, please don’t hesitate to ask!