First Position Modern Quilt Pattern
Do you ever catch yourself twirling in the kitchen? Humming the Sleeping Beauty Waltz? Or do you have your own little dancer that loves to wear frilly skirts and twirl until they are dizzy? Either way, you will love the dainty little ballerinas and boy dancers in this quilt pattern. Perfect for all the little dancers in your life, or the little dancer in you. This pattern combines the joy of dancing ballerina appliques with a fun additional texture of tulle tutus.
First Position is an applique quilt pattern featuring four different dancers. This modern kid’s quilt pattern includes templates for four ballerinas and four boy dancers.
The ballerinas and boy dancers also make great pillows and dance bags or backpacks. Use them to personalize the décor for your little dancer’s room.
• Pattern shown is for a throw size quilt, about 56x74" in size
• Layouts for a baby quilt, a throw quilt, and a twin size bed quilt
• Intermediate quilt pattern
• Applique and basic pieced quilt construction
• Applique tutorials can be found on our website,